- This event has passed.
September 24 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
For puppies aged 8-16 weeks. All puppies must be up to date on age-appropriate vaccinations. (Proof is required.)
Puppy Preschool is composed of three, forty minute sessions and is designed with socialization in mind! Did you know that puppies have a “critical period” for socialization that ends around 16 weeks of age? If is so important for your puppy’s ling-termed mental health and well-being that they are properly socialized while they’re still in this period. That’s where Puppy Preschool comes in! In this class, we will expose your puppy to new people, sounds, smells and textures. Bring them in to learn in a safe and welcoming environment to help avoid some common behavior problems later in life. With rolling admission it’s easy to get started as soon as you bring your new puppy home!
For ages 8-16 weeks. Puppies must be on a regular vaccination schedule to attend class. This class is taught by Wayside’s Canine Public Training Manager Brett Currie, CPDT-KA.
- Orientation: every Tuesday night at 5:30pm. Please note: all participants MUST attend an orientation prior to attending their first class. If you can’t make it Tuesdays at 5:30, contact us at 816-986-4482 or email [email protected].
- 24 hour notice is required to guarantee space in class.
- Class is every Saturday at 1:30pm. Please note this class has a rolling admission and will run each week at the same date/time. You may join as soon as you have take the orientation on Tuesday night.
- Cost $125
- 20% discount for Waif Alums
- 25% discount if you sign up within one week of adopting your new puppy
- Two people per dog (must be at least 13 years old)
- MASKS ARE ENCOURAGED FOR ALL CLASSES, SEMINARS, AND TRAINING SESSIONS DUE TO COVID-19
- NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES, PRONG OR CHOKE COLLARS ALLOWED ON PETS DURING CLASSES
If you’re ready to register, please email [email protected] with the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Phone Number
- Dog’s Name
- Dog’s Age and Breed
- Class Name you are registering for
- Class Start Date
- If you have questions, please reach out to [email protected] or call 816-986-4482 for more information.