We honor these very special donors through our Legacy of Love Society. We encourage donors to let us know of their future estate gifts so we can confirm their future gift will be utilized in a way that truly honors their intent and area of interest.
Information Typically Needed for Estate Planning Purposes
- Legal Name: Wayside Waifs, Inc.
- Wayside is a 501c3 charitable organization.
- Tax ID Number: 44-0605374
- Incorporated in: Kansas City, MO
- Address: 3901 Martha Truman Rd., Kansas City, MO 64137
- Possible Wording for Wills/Trusts: “I, [your name], of [city, state, zip],give, bequeath to Wayside Waifs, Inc., [written amount of percentage of the estate or description of the property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.
Gifts Typically Accepted
- Will or Trust: specific gift amount or estate percentage
- IRAs/Charitable IRA Rollover Gifts/Retirement Accounts
- Real Estate
- Stocks/Bonds click here for transfer instructions
- Life Insurance
- Donor Advised Funds (DAF)
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Endowed Gifts
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Reminder Trusts
Legacy of Love Society
Our Legacy of Love Society recognizes animal lovers like you who have confirmed a planned gift to Wayside Waifs. To become an official member you simply need to complete a Letter of Intent Form, which is something we will add to your donor file at Wayside. Your Letter of Intent assists us in honoring your wishes when the time comes. If you prefer to have your legacy gift kept anonymous, please make sure to note that on your Letter of Intent. Legacy Members are invited to attend an annual reception and other special benefits. They are also included on the Legacy of Love Donor Wall, unless they have requested anonymity.
Working With a Professional
It is very important for you to work with a professional to create your estate planning documents. This will ensure everything is in order so your legacy intent is being honored. We suggest you work with an estate planning attorney or financial planner.
Pet Care Agreements
You may also be concerned about your pets outliving you. Contact us about creating a Pet Care Agreement with Wayside Waifs to ensure your pet will be re-homed into a loving family. Click here to access our Pet Care Agreement Form.
For More Information
VP, Donor Relations & Communications
ADOPTION HOURS: Monday:Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 11am-7pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10am-5pm
3901 Martha Truman Road, Kansas City, MO 64137