Thank you for thinking of Wayside Waifs as the place to donate your time. The success of our Volunteer Program is not only achieved through time given by our remarkable volunteers, but by the selfless acts they contribute to make life better for homeless companion animals.
If you are interested in attending a new volunteer information session, click here.
How to get started
You will find getting involved at Wayside Waifs to be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life!
The first step toward becoming a volunteer is to sign up for a new volunteer information session. Click here to sign up.
At our information sessions you’ll get a chance to learn more about the programs and services of Wayside Waifs, plus what you can expect as a volunteer.
After some Q&A, you can decide if volunteering at Wayside Waifs is the right fit for you. A tour of the shelter is offered as well.
If you are a corporate group interested in corporate volunteer opportunities click here.
- Volunteers need to be at least 16 years old, or between the ages of 13-15 with a parent
- All volunteers should be able to safely and independently perform all role requirements in training
- A mature, respectful attitude is required.
- All volunteers should be comfortable and competent to make quick decisions in stressful situations.
- An active email address is required
- Volunteers must sign up for a minimum of 3 months of weekly shifts
- Due to COVID 19 we are not doing court ordered community service at this time.
Although puppy tail wags and kitten kisses are a given, there are many more rewards to volunteering.
- Discounted flea and tick treatment
- 25% discount on pet adoptions
- 25% discount of annual Bark Park membership and daily passes
- 25% discount of pet cremation services and 10% off urns
- 10% discount in Whiskers and Wags Outfitters
- Annual picnic
If you’re looking for a shorter donation of time, a group project, or if you have youth under 13 who are interested in giving back, take a look at the additional opportunities that support our Mission and the animals in our care. Learn more about our Group Service Projects, Kids in Action programming, donation drives, and more.
For more information about helping Wayside, please send us an email or contact us at 816-986-4431.
ADOPTION HOURS: Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 11am-7pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10am-5pm
3901 Martha Truman Road, Kansas City, MO 64137