College Students are the next generation of animal welfare leaders!
At Wayside Waifs, we work one-on-one with college students, to promote the 25 different types of job opportunities at Wayside Waifs – including Canine and Feline Care Technicians, Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician, Finance Associate, Marketing Coordinator, Humane Educator, Non Profit Manager, and Facilities Manager. We typically have four interns and 15 Job Shadow students per year.
College Student Opportunities
- Internships – available during the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. Contact us to learn more.
- Capstone Project – work with Wayside Waifs for your Capstone Project or special school project when you’re looking for a real world issue to solve.
- Guest Speaker – invite Wayside Waifs to be a speaker at your college club, fraternity/sorority meeting, or school class.
- Shadow Days – contact us to shadow a Wayside Waifs professional for a school day.
- Mock Interview Days – invite Wayside Waifs to participate at your college’s Mock Interview Day.
- Animal Welfare Clubs – join Wayside Waifs’ Club or start one at your college.
Look for Wayside Waifs at your college’s next career fair. These events have proven to be very helpful college students wanting to network with Wayside Waifs to learn about internships, job shadowing, employment opportunities, and student volunteer programs.
College Student Volunteer & Education Days
Wayside Waifs welcomes college student groups for educational tours and volunteer days. The student groups, often fraternities and sororities, volunteer at our shelter for the day and learn about career opportunities. Many students come back to volunteer, adopt, and share the shelter’s mission with the community.
Capstone and School Projects
Wayside Waifs works with area students and educational institutions to provide Capstone Project and general school project opportunities. Projects fulfill students’ class need(s) while meeting shelter needs as well. This program is great for learning about all aspects of animal welfare. Students will also get hands on working experience with a nonprofit organization.
ADOPTION HOURS: Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 11am-7pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10am-5pm
3901 Martha Truman Road, Kansas City, MO 64137