Thank you for considering a gift to Wayside Waifs. Your gift makes Wayside’s life-saving mission possible.

Wayside Waifs accepts gifts of:

  • Stocks
  • Government, restricted, and closely held securities
  • Corporate bonds
  • Mutual funds
  • Treasury bills, notes, bonds, and FNMAs

To Begin the Transfer:

  1. PLEASE email us or call 816-986-4401 to let us know you’ll be making a gift. This is the way we match  your stock gift with stocks received.
  2. Contact the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation with a written communication or phone call to alert them of the gift: email [email protected], or call 816-842-7444, fax 816-842-8079, or mail to 1055 Broadway Blvd., Suite 130, Kansas City, MO 64105. Please include a description of the shares and name of the brokerage firm. Instructions for each type of gift are detailed below.

Mutual Funds, Restricted or Closely Held Securities, Government Securities, Treasury Bills, Notes, Bonds and FNMAs

  • Please call the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation at 816-842-7444 for instructions.

Government Securities, Stock, Corporate Bonds and Other Marketable Securities:

  • Please include Wayside Waifs’ name, a description of the shares and the name of the brokerage firm in your communication to the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.

Stock, corporate bonds and other marketable securities:

  • Wire to: National Financial Services LLC
    DTC #0226
    For credit to: Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
    Account: #658-046430
    Contribution to: Wayside Waifs

You will receive confirmation by USPS of your gift within 2-3 weeks. If you have NOT received acknowledgement by then, please email or call us immediately at 816-986-4401.

Take a Tour

Would you like a tour of Wayside Waifs? We’d love to show you around! 80% of our funding comes from animal lovers like you (the remaining 20% comes from pet adoption fees, retail store sales). We’d love to show you first-hand how your support makes a difference for the homeless animals.

We’ll give you a behind the scenes tour of the shelter touching upon a variety of topics including: pet admissions, seeing a spay or neuter surgery, learning about being a foster volunteer, petting lots of shelter pets (of course!), and visiting with staff and volunteers to answer all your questions.

Donors or those interested in becoming a donor please email Robin or call 816-986-4401

ADOPTION HOURS: Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 11am-7pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10am-5pm

3901 Martha Truman Road, Kansas City, MO 64137
816-761-8151